[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Expanding the scope of the en-GB translation

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Aug 23 22:58:42 BST 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 09:00, "Matthew Vermeulen" <mattvermeulen at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Could the question in the xubuntu docs not be left the same? as it is
> impersonating a user asking where he can find his Trash Can, the one that
> he used to have... Or isn't that correct/possible?

That depends on what assumptions you are making. I think the article is
written towards those moving from GNOME or KDE to XFCE. Language is not an
issue here, so we should assume that they are en_GB across the board.

In other words, we don't say "Trash can", we say "Wastebasket" or whatever we
have decided to call it in our localisation.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

"Honestly, security experts don't pick on Microsoft because we have some
fundamental dislike for the company. Indeed, Microsoft's poor products are
one of the reasons we're in business. We pick on them because they've done
more to harm Internet security than anyone else, because they repeatedly lie
to the public about their products' security, and because they do everything
they can to convince people that the problems lie anywhere but inside
Microsoft. Microsoft treats security vulnerabilities as public relations
problems. Until that changes, expect more of this kind of nonsense from
Microsoft and its products."
 - Bruce Schneier, Founder and CTO of Counterpane Internet Security,
2002-01-15