Translating One Laptop Per Child

tegegne tefera tefera.tegegne at
Tue May 27 09:14:51 BST 2008

Count me in for the translation marathon. That is if I am not on field og I
hope not to be. Would be historic to participate on first marathon.
Sayamindu can you collect all those who are registered in OLPC pootle and
have Amharic as their project, or is there other means to get in touch with
potential translators? I would avoid registering another mailing list if
We have but we have sort of aberration against structures that are
held by individuals. If there is some sort of independent structure that
connects all Amharic (ethiopian) translation projects it could be a one stop
shop for potential volunteers and would help a great deal. We have a lot of
people at ubuntu amharic and google amharic but they might not be the ideal
independent FOSS translation mediums for some.

AAU or any of the universities in Ethiopia with a sort of mirror some where
in the west for faster access would be the ideal choice but the enthusiasm
for FOSS projects yet to penetrate AAU or any of the higher learning
institutions in Ethiopia which is a shame.

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at>