Ubuntu on ARM

j. Tim Denny johndenny at alumni.usc.edu
Fri Jan 16 20:03:18 GMT 2009

have you folks been following the Ubuntu development for ARM cpu's
see: http://www.ubuntu.com/news/arm-linux

Looks very exciting...   I have been watching this for the past 6 months or
so... seems to be  what I have been waiting for as it will open up cheaper
CPU's  with low power consumption envelops...  Nvidia, TI, Qualcomm and many
others are delivering suitable CPU for full desktop experience..

what do you think?   tim

John "Tim"  Denny, Ph.D.
  Consultant - International Development, Education  and ICT
  http://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/drjtdenny
 Join Joomla! Users Group Cambodia  - http://groups.google.com/group/jugcam
  SKYPE - jtdenny Googletalk   denny.jt at gmail.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny

"The diligent farmer plants trees of which he himself will never see the
fruit." Cicero (106-43 BCE)