Upcoming Ubuntu Hour - Wed, Oct 19 @iHub

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 19 07:10:18 UTC 2011

Greetings,

To answer those that emailed me directly and for those that missed the
first meeting, the second Ubuntu Hour is scheduled to meet at
iHub.co.ke today, Wed, Oct 19th from 17:00 - 18:00. I believe there is
no absolute requirement for participation other than to show up. There
is no fee but an RSVP is requested. Just click "I'm Attending" at
http://ihub.co.ke/pages/event_details.php?id=156  These are great ways
to meet other people interested in Ubuntu. The concept is spreading to
other Ubuntu groups all over. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Hour

Please join us! There is no limit so by all means start an additional
Ubuntu Hour in your area if you are willing and able to host one.

Here is my blog post announcing the first event.
https://grantbow.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/kenya-ubuntu-hour/  I will
be writing one after our second even this evening using the pictures I
posted http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantbow/sets/72157627886181590/
and others that people would like to contribute.

In addition to this email list, at our first meeting it was almost
unanimously agreed that twitter would be used for communication. I
recommend someone who is willing to represent Ubuntu in Kenya register
https://twitter.com/ubuntu-ke making it easier to announce events such
as these.

Regards,

Grant Bowman