Upcoming Ubuntu Hour - Wed, Oct 19 @iHub

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 13 18:49:49 UTC 2011

Jambo,

I just wanted to say thank you to all the attendees last week, Thurs,
Oct 6th @iHub in Nairobi. I look forward to seeing you again and
newcomers @iHub on Wed, Oct 19th.

Here are the pictures I took.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grantbow/sets/72157627886181590/

I have added a summary of some of the links we talked about. I am sure
there were more during the discussion. Please refresh our memory by
responding.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KenyanTeam
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
http://ubuntustudio.org/
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/8-of-the-best-tiny-linux-distros-683552
     and my favorite for less powerful hardware http://puppylinux.org

I hope the team can get rolling again. Aside from working with great
people towards promoting Ubuntu as described at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams a benefit of becoming an approved
team is a shipment of 350 CDs https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingCds
after each release to give out. For promoting Ubuntu at events more
materials can be requested.

As we discussed, informal networks of people can also be established
to help newcomers with burned copies. In California we use a printed &
folded sleeve to give out burned copies of CDs.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CDSleeves describes
the project, http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-california/%2Bjunk/sleeves/files/head%3A/trunk/
has the SVG and PDF versions listed and the PDF is available to
download and use here.
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-california/+junk/sleeves/download/head:/sleeve.pdf-20100421075336-o5vwx6kex9krve3s-1/sleeve.pdf
  With the SVG source code a modified version for Kenya could easily
be forked from the bazaar repository and created for use here.

I look forward to seeing people @iHub again on Wed, Oct 19th.

Regards,

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Grantbow