Help in Nairobi

allan maungu mrallano at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 14:36:45 GMT 2008

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:07:43 +0000
From: David Hein
Subject: help in Nairobi
To: ubuntu-ke at lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: Geoffrey sabiiti

Dear Ubuntu users in Kenya,

I am writing from the UK on behalf of a colleague, Geoffrey Sabiiti, who
is at the University of Nairobi.

Geoffrey is attempting to run our regional climate model on a Linux
based PC as part of his studies but is having trouble getting Linux
installed and the model up and running.

Our regional model is called PRECIS.  You can see more information at
our website:  http://precis.metoffice.com

The model is designed to run on a Linux based PC only as part of its
commitment to being low infrastructure to allow for users in all parts
of the world to carry our climate model runs.

Is there anyone on this list who is in Nairobi, or, even better,
at the University of Nairobi, who would be willing to meet with Geoffrey
at the University's Meteorology department for help installing Ubuntu on
three PCs and then help installing the PRECIS model via a simple shell
script?

If so, please contact myself or contact Geoffrey directly - he is copied
on this message.  Thank you so much for any help and advice you can
offer.

With gratitude,

David Hein

--
David Hein     Regional Modelling (PRECIS technical coordinator)
Met Office Hadley Centre    A2.49

Hi!
Am in Nairobi and can get to UON.Tell me whichever day is fine to assist Geoffrey with ubuntu installation.Contact me on mrallano at yahoo.com for other details.