Swahili Translation

Miano Njoka mianonjoka at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:51:48 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

The list has been pretty quiet these past few weeks, nduguzanguni
mpo?!? :)

The translation of Ubuntu to Swahili is coming along well, Ubuntu
Swahili Translators now has 12 members and counting. Hopefully we'll
have a decent translation by the end of the year.

I wanted the translators team to have a different list so that its
members, who may not want to join this list for one reason or another,
don't have to but I didn't get a response from the maintainer. I'll try
to email him again this week.

Davehat, you had some contact with Kilinux fellows, how did that go?
Instead of us reinventing the wheel by translating Open Office and
Firefox, we should get their PO files and upload them on Rosetta. Their
versions of Open Office and Firefox are a bit dated but I'm sure we can
glean something from them. Davehat, could you email them about this,
s'il vous plait?

What happened to the freedom toaster we were planning on setting up? We
could source sponsors to pay for it, I think it offers lots of PR value.
Now that Google has an office in Kenya, that sounds like a project they
would love to be involved with.

Miano aka zsh