Re: مشكلة في الاتصال اللاسلكي في أوبونتو 8.04

Khamis Siksek khamis.siksek at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 14:08:14 BST 2008

Salam,

I had the same problem with an HP laptop, the problem is in the driver, not
all wireless drivers are supported, some are going to be supported in the
next kernel version 2.6.27, so mainly you will need to get the driver and
run it.

Now there is a way to run windows driver under linux, but from the reviews I
saw, it seems unstable (at least for the driver that I was looking for), the
way is by using NDISWrapper, you may also find a native driver for that
wireless card in http://madwifi.org/.

Best regards and good luck,

2008/10/12 fadi al-katout <cutout33 at gmail.com>

> assalam alaykom,
>
> in ubuntu 8.10 alpha version wireless problem was solved
> with most of the wireless cards,you can wait for final version of "Ubuntu
> 8.10 Ibex" it is coming within 18 days.
>
> see http://www.ubuntu.com
>

> wassalam.
>
> 2008/10/12 Loai Farajallah <loai.farajallah at gmail.com>
>
>> السلام عليكم
>> بعد أن فشلت محاولاتي في "الوسوسة" لأحد الأصدقاء بالتخلي عن ويندوز وتبني
>> لينوكس, نجحت "بإغوائه" لقوم بتنزيله جنبا ً إلى جنب معه.
>> وبعد أن قمنا بتنزيله على جهازة المحمو (Dell) وبينما كنت أشرح له ميزاته
>> المختلفة, فشلنا في الاتصال بالشبكة اللاسلكية الموجودة في بيته مع أننا
>> استطعنا أن نفعل ذلك بكل سهولة في ويندوز! وهذا ما أغاظني.
>>
>> المشكلة هي أن أوبونتو لا يرى أيا ً من الشبكات اللاسلكية التي يراها
>> ويندوزعلما ً بأننا جربنا ذلك على كلا النظامين في نفس المكان وعلى نفس الجهاز
>> مما يدلنا أن المشكلة ليست في بطاقة الشبكة إنما هي متعلقة بالبرمجيات.
>> (Not Hardware problem but OS/Software problem)
>> وهذا الأمر يتكرر مع جهازي (HP) علما ً بأنني كنت أتصل بشكل اعتيادي أيام
>> (Ubuntu 7.10), فهل هي مشكلة عامة في نسخة 8.04 أم ماذا؟
>>
>> السلام عليكم
>>
>> --

Khamis Siksek
http://saksoook.blogspot.com