Fwd: fridge proposal: Ubuntu landed on Berlin metro system

Jad madi jad at syntux.net
Tue May 13 09:45:52 BST 2008

 The "Ubuntu Berlin" team (Berlin/Germany) recently hosted a release party
 for Hardy Heron with about 250 visitors. Besides having seven lectures,
 having burned dozens of cds, Ubuntu MOTU Daniel Holbach as dj, we
 managed a collaboration with the local metro advertising agency.

 Let me just cite from my blog for the details:

 "The guys from "Berliner Fenster", a company responsible for the content
 of the television system installed inside underground vehicles (more
 than 3.700 displays) were so kind (thank you!) providing us with a spot
 for our release party this Saturday for free. So just on time with the
 release starting from today there are small spots viewable by an
 audience of about 1.5 million people per day according to their web
 site."

 The spot ran for at least three day. See

 http://www.screenage.de/blog/2008/04/24/ubuntu-landed-on-berlin-metro-system/

 for images and further links.

 We really noticed a major increase in the attention towards Ubuntu as a
 lot of people were discussing about the ads, Ubuntu and even
 internationally blogging about it.

--
Jad/Hakam Madi

1024D/1BC049D2

http://Syntux.net/

Your freedom is worth more than you think. Take advantage of it while you can.