[JoLUG-General] Re: Ubuntu crash courses in the Jordan University

Khamis Siksek khamis.siksek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:36:57 GMT 2008

Salam alaikom,

Very great opportunity, I think we need to have the LoCo within the loop of
emails.

Now regarding the crash course, I think that the 5 days crash course is
good.

Day 1- Introduction to Open Source and Free Software

Day 2-
          Installing Ubuntu/Kubuntu
          Introducing the application and the GUI environments

Day 3-
          What is Root user?
          Checking your hardware
          Connect to the network and Internet
          Getting help (man, forums, etc ...)

Day 4- How to install more or update your packages (apt-get, synaptic, etc
...), what is the sources.list file, getting packages from 3rd party
sources.

Day 5- Introduction to Essential Commands and Bash

This is my suggested course outline, and I am willing to give some of them
on Saturdays, except for Day2, since I am not GUI expert.

Best regards,
Khamis Siksek

Khamis Siksek
http://saksoook.blogspot.com