الحرف العربي لا

Murtadha Altarouti altarouti.m at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 13:56:34 BST 2008

Hi

I wanted to write a description but I figure out that it's better to put the
bug, which the the main reason for me the send this message. Second thing,
can I request from the ubuntu team to change the default Arabic font? it's
not that pretty compared to Mac or even Windows.

The link of the bug is under, but I attached the report in the body also.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/153519

Public bug reported:

Writing in Arabic in Ubuntu both 7.04 & 7.10 are fine, but my problem is
with one letter, the letter that we pronounce it in Arabic (la) this is not
really a letter in the language but it's in the keyboard, any way I'll call
it a letter.This letter is a the final form of two letters joined together
 ل and ا both make one like this ﻻ . The problem is not accepting to connect
with any other letter.
To make it more clear this is an e.g :
in the normal typing the word كلاب looks like the previous one , but with
the small issue the word look like this كﻻب as you see the letter ﻻ is not
connected. So every time I want to write a word with this letter I have to
write the two letters to make it one, so if I separated the whole word to
letters the word will be like this:
Normal typing: ك ﻻ ب
But because of the problemو I have to write it like this to make it fine: ك
ل ا ب

as I said the two letters is ل and ا are the source of the letter ﻻ ,
because of that I can write the word like it doesn't have any issue.
anyway the key that type this letter is no use if the letter doesn't
accept joining with the other letters, and this is another examples of
writing with this problem:

بﻻد : بلاد
هﻻ : هلال
سﻻم : سلام

and so on. the word in the in left is the form that it must be.

** Affects: ubuntu

--
Arabic font la
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/153519

--
Time is relative... Ideas are infinitive