[ubuntu-it] help wireless non funzionante

Massimiliano Mangano massimiliano.mangano a mail.com
Ven 25 Maggio 2012 10:51:01 UTC

Il 24/05/2012 19:30, paolo massei ha scritto:
> * giovedì 24 maggio 2012, alle 08:32, Enrico wrote:
>> Ciao a tutti, io ho un adattatore wireless della Edimax il modello è EW-7622UMN
>> che dovrebbe essere compatibile con linux, il problema è che la chiavetta usb
>> viene riconosciuta ma però non riesco a raggiungere il mio router e quindi a
>> navigare in internet  il modello del router è linksys WRT600N le ho provate un
>> po’ tutte sia da terminale e sia con i vari wicd ecc.  ma niente da fare
>> qualcuno sa come posso risolvere il problema.
> La scheda viene vista?
>
> In ognuno di questi tre link puoi scaricare i driver per il kernel 2.6.X:
>
> http://www.helpdrivers.com/english/download/
> http://www.edimax.ru/images/Image/Driver_Utility/Wireless/NIC/EW-7622UMn/
> http://www.bergfiles.com/i/bf5498c275h32i0
>
> e magari sbirciare dentro che ci son dei file ddi documentazione.
>
> Leggi la doc e, prima di installare, *controlla* che il tuo kernel non abbia bia' il supporto
> per la tua scheda. Lo avesse gia', basterebbe solo caricare il relativo modulo a
> manazza.
>
> Prova che poi vediamo....
>
> P.

Dal file readme.txt che si trova scaricando i driver per Linux da questa
pagina:
http://www.edimax-it.eu/it/support_detail.php?pd_id=323&pl1_id=1&pl2_id=44
<http://www.edimax-it.eu/it/support_detail.php?pd_id=323&pl1_id=1&pl2_id=44>

Io ci capisco poco ma magari qualcuno...

Ciao, Max.

                 Software Package - Component
     1. readme.txt

     2. Release Notes Document

     3. driver source code

         3.1 Makefile - to build the modules

         3.2 Script and configuration for DHCP:
         "wlan0dhcp"
         "ifcfg-wlan0"

         3.3 Example of supplicant configuration file:
             "wpa1.conf"

         3.4 Script to run wpa_supplicant
             "runwpa"

     4. wpa_supplicant-0.6.9.tar.gz - the tool help the wlan network to
communicate under the
             protection of WPAPSK mechanism (WPA/WPA2)

     5. wpa_supplicant-0.6.9_wps_patch.tar.gz - for wps patch

             User Guide(1) - connecting wireless networking using
"Network Manager" GUI utility
             (1) Network Manager is a utility attempts to make use of
wireless networking easy.

             (2) Notes: if you want to use the following command-line
method to connect wireless networking,
                                     please disable the "Network
Manager", because "Network Manager" will conflict with method of command
line .

                 User Guide(2) - Set wireless lan MIBs in Command Line
This driver uses Wireless Extension as an interface allowing you to set
Wireless LAN specific parameters.

Current driver supports "iwlist" to show the device status of nic
         iwlist wlan0 [parameters]
where
         parameter explaination          [parameters]
         -----------------------         -------------
         Show available chan and freq    freq / channel
         Show and Scan BSS and IBSS     scan[ning]
         Show supported bit-rate         rate / bit[rate]

For example:
     iwlist wlan0 channel
     iwlist wlan0 scan
     iwlist wlan0 rate

Driver also supports "iwconfig", manipulate driver private ioctls, to set
MIBs.

     iwconfig wlan0 [parameters] [val]
where
     parameter explaination      [parameters]        [val] constraints
         -----------------------     -------------        ------------------
         Connect to AP by address    ap                  [mac_addr]
         Set the essid, join (I)BSS  essid                 [essid]
         Set operation mode          mode                {Managed|Ad-hoc}
         Set keys and security mode  key/enc[ryption]
{N|open|restricted|off}

For example:
     iwconfig wlan0 ap XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
     iwconfig wlan0 essid "ap_name"
     iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-hoc
     iwconfig wlan0 essid "name" mode Ad-hoc
     iwconfig wlan0 key 0123456789 [2] open
     iwconfig wlan0 key off
     iwconfig wlan0 key restricted [3] 0123456789
         Note: Better to set these MIBS without GUI such as
NetworkManager and be sure that our
               nic has been brought up before these settings. WEP key
index 2-4 is not supportted by
               NetworkManager.

                 Getting IP address
After start up the nic, the network needs to obtain an IP address before
transmit/receive data.
This can be done by setting the static IP via "ifconfig wlan0 IP_ADDRESS"
command, or using DHCP.

If using DHCP, setting steps is as below:
     (1)connect to an AP via "iwconfig" settings
         iwconfig wlan0 essid [name]    or
         iwconfig wlan0 ap XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

     (2)run the script which run the dhclient
         ./wlan0dhcp
            or
         dhcpcd wlan0
                   (Some network admins require that you use the
                   hostname and domainname provided by the DHCP server.
                   In that case, use
         dhcpcd -HD wlan0)

             WPAPSK/WPA2PSK - using wpa_supplicant
     Wpa_supplicant helps to secure wireless connection with the
protection of
WPAPSK/WPA2PSK mechanism.

     If the version of Wireless Extension in your system is equal or
larger than 18,
WEXT driver interface is recommended. Otherwise, IPW driver interface is
advised.
     Note: Wireless Extension is defined us "#define WIRELESS_EXT" in Kernel
     Note: To check the version of wireless extension, please type
"iwconfig -v"

      If IPW driver interface is used, it us suggested to follow the
steps from 1 to 6.
If wpa_supplicant has been installed in your system, only steps 5 and 6
are required
to be executed for WEXT driver interface.

     To see detailed description for driver interface and
wpa_supplicant, please type
"man wpa_supplicant".

     (1)Download latetest source code for wpa supplicant or use
wpa_supplicant-0.6.9
        attached in this package. (It is suggested to use default
package contained
            in the distribution because there should less compilation
issue.)

        Unpack source code of WPA supplicant:

       tar -zxvf wpa_supplicant-0.6.9.tar.gz (e.g.)
       cd wpa_supplicant-0.6.9

     (2)Create .config file:
       cp defconfig .config

     (3)Edit .config file, uncomment the following line if ipw driver
interface
        will be applied:
       #CONFIG_DRIVER_IPW=y.

     (4)Build and install WPA supplicant:
       make
       cp wpa_cli wpa_supplicant /usr/local/bin

     NOTE:
      1. If make error for lack of <include/md5.h>, install the openssl
lib(two ways):
       (1) Install the openssl lib from corresponding installation disc:
           Fedora Core 2/3/4/5(openssl-0.9.71x-xx),
           Mandrake10.2/Mandriva10.2(openssl-0.9.7x-xmdk),
           Debian 3.1(libssl-dev), Suse 9.3/10.0/10.1(openssl_devl),
           Gentoo(dev-libs/openssl), etc.
       (2) Download the openssl open source package from
www.openssl.org, build and
           install it.
      2. If make errors happen in RedHat(and also Fedora Core) for kssl.h,
please add lines below into Makefile
           CPPFLAGS+=-I/usr/kerboros/include

     (5)Edit wpa_supplicant.conf to set up SSID and its passphrase.
       For example, the following setting in "wpa1.conf" means SSID
           to join is "BufAG54_Ch6" and its passphrase is "87654321".

        Example 1: Configuration for WPA-PWK
       network={
             ssid="BufAG54_Ch6"
             #scan_ssid=1 //see note 3
             proto=WPA
             key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
             pairwise=CCMP TKIP
             group=CCMP TKIP WEP104 WEP40
             psk="87654321"
             priority=2
           }

         Example 2: Configuration for LEAP
         network={
             ssid="BufAG54_Ch6"
             key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
             group=WEP40 WEP104
             eap=LEAP
             identity="user1"
             password="1111"
           }
         Example 3: Linking to hidden ssid given AP's security policy
exactly.(see note 3 below)
             ap_scan=2
         network={
         ssid="Hidden_ssid"
         proto=WPA
         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
         pairwise=CCMP
         group=CCMP
         psk="12345678"
           }

         Example 4: Linking to ad-hoc (see note 4 below)
         ap_scan=2
         network={
         ssid="Ad-hoc"
                 mode=1
         proto=WPA
         key_mgmt=WPA-NONE
         pairwise=NONE
         group=TKIP
         psk="12345678"
         }
     Note: 1. proto=WPA for WPA, proto=RSN for WPA2.
           2. If user needs to connect an AP with WPA or WPA2 mixed
mode, it is suggested
          to set the cipher of pairwise and group to both CCMP and TKIP
unless you
          know exactly which cipher type AP is configured.
           3. When connecting to hidden ssid, explicit security policy
should be given with
          ap_scan=2 being setting.
           4. It is suggested setting ap_scan to 2 and mode to 1 when
linking to or creating an ad-hoc. Group and pairwise
          cipher type should also be explicit, always with group setting
to TKIP or CCMP and pairwise setting
          to NONE. Lower version wpa_supplicant may not allow setting
group to CCMP with pairwise setting to NONE.
          So if any problem, you may try to set both group and pairwise
to CCMP, leaving other setting unchanged, when
              connecting to an CCMP-encrypted ad-hoc.
           5. More config setting option, please refer to
wpa_supplicant.conf in wpa_supplicant.tar.gz that we provide.

     (6)Execute WPA supplicant (Assume driver and related modules had been
            loaded):
            ./runwpa

            Note: The script runwpa will check Wireless Extension
version automatically.
                  If the version of Wireless Extension is equal or
larger than 18, the
                  option of "-D wext" is selected. If the version of
Wireless extension
                  is less than 18, the option of "-D ipw" is selected.

             WPS - PIN & PBC methods

         (*) please see the "README-WPS" file in the package
"wpa_supplicant-0.6.9.tar.gz"
                 to perform the WPS function.

             Power Saving Mode

         (1) in order to enter PS Mode, you need to add the parameter of
"power_mgnt=1" when executing "insmod 8712u.ko" :
                  ~#insmod 8712u.ko power_mgnt=1
                  or
                  ~#insmod 8712u.ko power_mgnt=2

         (2) Notes: