[ubuntu-it] It is possible to resize a filesystem after installation ?

A.Freemason a.freemason a gmail.com
Gio 1 Maggio 2008 11:11:00 BST

Christopher Bianchi ha scritto:
> If you want respond me in italian it's perfect, i'm italian, but i've
> copy and paste this from ubuntu forum :-D
> Hello, the situation is this:
>
> i've installed a Hardy Heron AMD64 in my entirely hard disk.
> I've make only a big partition (/) . + swap, naturally.
>
> So, because, i wish to play windows games seriously, not with wine, my
> question is this:
>
> it's possible resize the entire filesystem ext3 after an installation ?
> and if it's possible, if i install windows, the windows loader may boot
> my ubuntu ?
>
> i need a workaround !
>
> grazie :D !

Hello
        Christopher

Well, yes is possible resize hd after install linux, use partitin magic
or partition edit, is very sample
followin ubuntu wiki eng or it.

We have only one problem, is very litle, beacouse you have intall before
linux and after win.

If you install before linux and after win, win change the patition table
is necessity  reload grud and change two file in manual mode,

open folder boot -> folder grub , after in edit mode open device.map
and  menù.map.

This is necessity for have list for select linux or win, this modality
is spell out in ubuntu wiki.

Sorry for my english.

Good work

Best Regards from Italy