[ubuntu-it] Problema con gnome-menu-extended, "stato di inconsistenza grave"!!

Tullo tullol a tin.it
Sab 19 Apr 2008 13:53:00 BST

Romolo Bonfante ha scritto:

> Ciao Tullo & amici della ML
>
> Grazie, speriamo almeno si riesca a sbloccare l'uso di synaptic!
> Ciao

Ciao, copioincollo la mail che mi ha mandato Ariszló, il manteiner del
pacchetto, io per ora non mi sono azzardato ad applicare questo metodo
perchč potrebbe danneggiare irrimediabilmente il sistema...

  Dear Tullo,

I could come back earlier than expected.  Unfortunately, I could not
reproduce your issue: no matter how much I try, gnome-menu-extended
always installs fine and gets removed without any problems for me.
All I can guess that something might have intercepted the postinstall
process.  Perhaps the Terminal was closed too early, I do not know.
Nevertheless, here is a brute-force hack that might help:

1. Press Alt+F2

2. Type this and click on the Run button:
gksu gedit /var/lib/dpkg/status

WARNING:  do not modify this file any more than described below.  Any
other modification may unreparably break your system.

3. Find these lines:
Package: gnome-menu-extended

4. And change Status to this:

WARNING: do not change anything else!!!

5. Save the file and exit the text editor.

6. Launch Terminal and type this:
sudo dpkg -r gnome-menu-extended

Regards,

Ariszló