[ubuntu-it] Gutsy e il collegamento wireless - problema

Mirco Bertossi miberto a gmail.com
Mer 24 Ott 2007 10:50:22 BST

Il 24/10/07, Giacinto Buscaglia<ino.buscaglia a parla.it> ha scritto:
> Innanzitutto ti ringrazio per le indicazioni.
> Dai e dai, credo di aver circoscritto il problema, anche se non l'ho
> risolto.
> Per prima cosa, ho visto che telnet ed ftp funzionano.
> Ping e traceroute funzionano per certi siti e non per altri e cosi'
> succede se lancio ping da terminale.
A me succedeva la stessa cosa: ho risolto cosė:

> HI folks,
> I have a problem with a new aspire 5671 laptop. I installed festy, and
> more or less everything goes on, but the network cards. Both them
> seems to work, but when I start firefox or synaptic they simply can't
> go out. Well not exactly: for example I can load www.google.com and
> related, so I can read my post but I can't write.
> I tried nslookup: works
> ping to whatever you want: works
> telnet www.site.com 80: works
> My net is composed by a router, a netgear wg602 a.p. that give me the
> wireless connection. I have another pc that works perfectly though the
> same router, so I don't thing could be a router problem. What can I
> do?

I had the same problem. Try adding the following to /etc/sysctl.conf and
restarting:

net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 16384 131072
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 87380 174760

And here goes the explanation: http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/   though
it seems the solution
given in this URL doesn't work in Ubuntu.