[ubuntu-it] ARRIVATO! [installazione su notebook]

Stefano Leggé mastrociliegio a lifegate.it
Mar 12 Set 2006 10:01:53 BST

per quanto riguarda la scheda 3D... per ora ci ho rinunciato... ho messo
una vesa che non ha il 3D... va tutto un po' lento ma va...
per il DVD... mi sto perdendo tra 10.000 link tra inglese e italiano...
ho instalalto xine e mi diceva che non poteva leggere il mio DVD
(originale) dei Blues Brother perché mancavano i permessi... allora ho
abilitato i codec come da guida ubuntu e ora me lo legge ma va a
scatti... può essere che la scheda video non configurata mi faccia
questo scherzo?
inoltre, dopo un po' che gira il film, Xine mi da questo messaggio:

"the amount of dropped frame is too high, your system might be slow, not
properly optimized or just too loaded.

http://xinehq.de/index.php/faq#SPEEDUP"

facendo il check:

mastro a mastro-laptop:~$ xine-check
Please be patient, this script may take a while to run...
[ good ] you're using Linux, doing specific tests
[ good ] looks like you have a /proc filesystem mounted.
[ good ] You seem to have a reasonable kernel version (2.6.15-26-386)
[ good ] intel compatible processor, checking MTRR support
[ good ] you have MTRR support and there are some ranges set.
[ good ] found the player at /usr/bin/xine
[ hint ] multiple xine executables found in your PATH
          I have found more than one occurance of 'xine' in your PATH:
          /usr/bin/X11/xine
          /usr/bin/xine
          You have probably installed xine-ui more than once, or the
directory
          where you have installed xine occurs more than once in your PATH.
          Technically, this is not really a problem, but it's probably
          somewhat confusing, as it's not obvious, which xine you're using.
          You should probably uninstall the copies that you don't use...
          Further tests assume, you're using /usr/bin/X11/xine
          press <enter> to continue...

[OUCH!!] no xine-config on this machine.
          This means that xine-lib is either not installed
          or it is installed in a very unusual place.
          So you should probably install xine-lib before running
xine-check...
          press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] unable to determine plugin directory
          I could not determine your plugin directory. That would be
much easier
          if you had xine-config installed (see message above)...
          Note that I could not check your xine plugins.
          press <enter> to continue...

[ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/scd0
[ good ] /dev/dvd points to /dev/scd0
[ hint ] Your DVD drive seems not to be attached via ATAPI.
          This might be due to the use of an ide-scsi emulation.
          If you really have a SCSI DVD drive, your SCSI controller is
likely
          to do perfect DMA, so there's no reason to worry about this.
          However, if you're using ide-scsi, there is a chance that DMA is
          disabled for the DVD drive. Moreover, I don't know how to enable
          DMA in that case, so you probably have to live with some
performance
          loss. (FIXME: check for /proc/ide, provide solution)
          press <enter> to continue...

[ good ] found xvinfo: X-Video Extension version 2.2
[ hint ] Your X server doesn't support YV12 overlays.
          That means xine will have to do color space transformation and
scaling
          in software, which is quite CPU intensive. Maybe upgrading your
          X server will help here.
          If you have an ATI card, you'll find accelerated X servers on
          http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
          press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] Your X server doesn't support YV12 overlays.
          That means xine will have to do color space transformation and
scaling
          in software, which is quite CPU intensive. Maybe upgrading your
          X server will help here.
          If you have an ATI card, you'll find accelerated X servers on
          http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/
          press <enter> to continue...

[ hint ] Your X server doesn't have any XVideo support...
          XVideo is an X server extension introduced by XFree86 4.x. This
          extension provides access to hardware accelerated color space
          conversion and scaling, which gives a great performance boost.
          If you have a fast (>1GHz) machine, you may be able to watch all
          kinds of video, anyway. You will waste lots of CPU cycles,
though...
          press <enter> to continue...

mastro a mastro-laptop:~$

ecco...
Onestamente sto anche lavorando e non riesco a concentrarmi a
sufficienza su questi messaggi...
secondo voi devo PRIMA risolvere l'accellerazione 3D?

Stefano

--
La vita è una strana magia e le cose che ci fanno cambiare arrivano solo
quando siamo pronti a cambiare.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagina_principale