[ubuntu-it] Nokia symbian e evolution

Andrea Lenarduzzi andreaussi a yahoo.it
Sab 26 Nov 2005 07:56:55 GMT

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 01:39:16 +0100
Piero <pierolists a giochi.org> wrote:

> Qualcuno di voi è riuscito a sincronizzare Evolution con uno smartphone
> tipo Nokia 3650?
> Grazie,
>
> Piero

Ciao,ho trovato anche queste istruzioni che sembrano funzionare:
Hello,

I"d like to share my notes on using Multisync SyncML plugin with a Nokia
6600 phone. Today I finally got it working.

This information should also be mostly applicable to 7650 and other
models. I hope it is helpful to others. Comments are welcome.

Installation
------------

The phone can be synchronized through any TCP/IP connection. Normally
this only includes a GPRS and GSM-data connections, but with some extra
tweaking it"s possible to run TCP/IP over bluetooth. Instructions are
available at
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~leonard/linux-n6600-howto.html and
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/mraento/symbian/bt-ap.html .

First I checked that the TCP/IP connection between the computer and the
phone was working. (You can test that with Opera, Putty for series60 or
some other software on the 6600.)

Then I downloaded the Multisync sources from CVS, see
http://multisync.sourceforge.net/compiling.shtml .

Nokia 6600 and many other mobile phones speak SyncML only in a binary
protocol, wbxml. The SyncML plugin states that at least version 0.8.1 is
needed for wbxml transport to work. However, Nokia 6600 generates buggy
wbxml. There is a workaround in libwbxml (see
http://libwbxml.aymerick.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11) but it"s not
even in the latest release (0.9.0), so I downloaded a CVS version of
libwbxml, too.

First I tried to install the wbxml library into a non-system-wide
location under my home directory, but after struggling with autoconf et
al. for some time, not succeeding in making the library available to the
syncml plugin compilation, I ended up creating an RPM of it and
installing it as root.

The wbxml header files were installed in /usr/include/wbxml2/, so I had
to add that directory to the include path. This is how I eventually ran
configure in the syncml_plugin directory:

CPATH=/usr/include/wbxml2 ./configure --enable-debug \
--prefix=~/multisync

Notice the "--enable-debug" - very useful for SyncML debugging.

The critical lines in the output are:

checking for wbxml_conv_wbxml2xml in -lwbxml2... yes
checking for correct libwbxml2 version... yes

Now I had the needed software.

Configuration
-------------

Here we assume 10.66.66.1 as the copmuter IP and 10.66.66.66 as the
phone IP.

Phone settings:

Sync profile name: (anything)
Access point: Bt (or other, if using GPRS/GSM-data)
Host address: 10.66.66.1 (substitute with your computer"s IP)
Port: 5079
User name: (anything)
Password: (anything)

Contacts: yes
Remote database: addressbook
Synchronisation type: normal

Calendar: yes
Remote database: calendar
Synchronisation type: normal

Multisync SyncML plugin settings:

SyncML Role:
  SyncML Role: SyncML Server
  Protocol: HTTP
  [X] Interpret UTC as local time (Symbian devices) [unsure!]
  [X] Disable string tables

Now you should be able to launch the synchronization from the phone
(Menu -> Connecticity -> Sync -> [Your profile name] -> Synchronize)

Debugging
---------

To see the TCP packets from/to the phone:

tcpdump -ni any host 10.66.66.66
ngrep -d any . host 10.66.66.66

Running Multisync in debug mode:

Set the environment variable MULTISYNC_DEBUG, e.g.:

[naapuri a jopo]$ MULTISYNC_DEBUG=1 multisync

Wee fammi sapere eh se funzia

Uzzi

--
no chains