bootloader

Alessio alessio.fattorini a gmail.com
Mer 5 Gen 2005 12:27:28 CST

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:03:23 +0100, ilberruti <gberruti a aliceposta.it> wrote:
> Ciao a tutti gli Ubuntu Italiani.
> Ho appena installato Ubuntu su un vecchio pentium 2 350mhz e va
> benissimo, meglio di fedora 3 e mandrake 10.1.
> Ora sto cercando il tool grafico del bootlodaer, dove si trova?

Dai un occhio a questa pagina:
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuArtwork nella parte GRUB Logo Background.

E anche questi suggerimenti:
Ubuntu's grub can have a graphical image. You just need to add a
splashimage option in your menu.lst file. Something like:

splashimage=(hd0,2) /boot/grub/image.xpm.gz

But the graphic has to have a specific size/format. It seems the
commands to create one go like this (but I never tried it personally):
convert -resize 640x480 -colors 14 image.png image.xpm && gzip image.xpm

(http://ruslug.rutgers.edu/~mcgrof/grub-images/)

With that said, on some displays (including mine!) the resulted grub
background will be distorted at boot time.