IRC Council resolution: On Recent freenode Events

Thomas Ward teward at ubuntu.com
Wed May 19 23:35:06 UTC 2021

In a +5 vote of the below resolution sent to the Community Council by
the IRC Council (+5 is considered quorate as a minimum of +4 is required
for quorum), the Community Council hereby fully supports this
resolution, and fully supports the transition to Libera.chat for the IRC
home of Ubuntu and the namespaces.

However, the following tasks are hereby designated to the IRCC per this
resolution support:

1. IRCC must handle the polling of stakeholders.

2. IRCC must handle the logistics of the migration to Libera.chat.  This
includes handling member cloaking.

3. IRCC must update (and if requested, provide) documentation of the
migration plan for relevant stakeholders.  IRCC must also keep
documentation on the relevant stakeholders for the relevant namespaces.

In terms of logistical support, or any contact needed with Canonical IS,
Monica Ayhens-Madon <monica.ayhens.madon at canonical.com> has offered to
be your PoC for that.  The CC is also here to help if you need anything
in addition to the above while exercising the logistics of the migration.

Thomas Ward
Ubuntu Community Council Member
(on behalf of the entire Community Council)