RFC: #ubuntu op misuse or not?

Rohan Dhruva rohandhruva at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:04:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM, Martin Schulz <mschulz45 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rohan,
>
> though I wasn't even on IRC that time, I suggesst to just calm down and give
> it some time.
> All people over/underreact here and then, and people actually working or
> maintaining are
> often short of time and then have a lack of patience. If I'm more a
> hangaround, I can tolerate
> my human environment better, as if I'm up to something and then getting
> distracted or even
> disturbed. Also one can PM if users (which usually first twinker before any
> other action)
> already asked, before ops marching in, telling same. Your mail is quite long
> as you mentioned,
> good idea to attach logs.
> In my opinion all this *nix-channels have a more or less (as of skilled)
> technical part, and other channels for social,religion,information, or even
> kind of rantings
> on this and other servers. I know from myself how one can feel to get
> silenced, often
> not even knowing if other user(s) complained or if it was  just the view of
> a stuff-member.
> Don' t take it too serious, as I wasn't there can't tell about the
> channel-clima, and channels
> and servers differ in attidue, if they have a focussed topic or not.
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your response. I completely agree with you -- a calm
demeanour on my end would have done more to resolve the issue and make
my point come across clearly. In my opinion, the actions by the op
were bad enough to instigate the response, but of course I can see the
other side of the same.

Cheers,
Rohan

--