My membership and discussion with the IRCC

ljlbox at tiscali.it ljlbox at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 25 21:12:21 UTC 2014

Il 25.02.2014 21:22 Benjamin Kerensa ha scritto:

> On 2/25/14, 9:46 AM, C de-Avillez wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Benjamin Kerensa wrote:
>>
>>> I'd also like to add that there was some language in the logs that
>>> seemed rude and inconsistent with the CoC especially on an official
>>> channel.
>> I do not see this as a problem -- this was a conversation between
>> the
>> IRCC and LjL, *not* on a "common" channel. Leeway is expected (and I
>> would even say required).
>
> Even if it was a done in private the fact that the discussion was of
> an official nature that being the IRCC a governance board engaging a
> member on a topic relevant to something relating to the community
> there should have been adherence to the CoC.

Uhm, I'm unclear on whether you're "language" blame is being placed on
the IRCC, myself, or both... but I feel compelled to point out that
I really don't have a problem using words that can be considered
"swearwords" in contexts where they're not explicitly disallowed, and
that is in fact a good example of the "substance over form" problem I
mentioned in the posted logs.

I felt offended and insulted by some of the content that was being
directed at me, but I really had no problem with the language forms
the IRCC used, and while I am aware I used some "four-letter words"
myself, in this case I really fail to see how that matters... at all.

This may be just a misunderstanding, but for clarity, can we agree that
it is, or should be, much more important, and in the spirit of the CoC
(which doesn't directly talk about "language", anyway, I believe) to
be considerate of others at a much deeper level than the language
register one chooses as appropriate to the circumstances?

by LjL
ljlbox at tiscali.it

Scopri istella, il nuovo motore per il web italiano.
Istella garantisce risultati di qualità e la possibilità di
condividere, in modo semplice e veloce, documenti, immagini, audio e
video.
Usa istella, vai su http://www.istella.it?wtk=amc138614816829636