vUDS session on the subject of IRC

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 5 09:43:34 UTC 2013

Hi all,

as you will have seen we have a surprise bonus Ubuntu Developer Summit,
this time taking place entirely in cyberspace, specifically in Google's
video conferencing hangout space. The schedule is available here:
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1303/ and there are IRC channels set up for
each "room". You will need a launchpad account and a Google account to
participate in any sessions, but you don't need a Google account to
watch the live video.

We have a session booked tomorrow at 14:00 UTC to discuss the plan for
the IRC team over the next period
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1303/meeting/21674/community-1303-irc-team/

We have been thinking of doing some Google Plus hangouts involving the
IRC team so this is a great opportunity to give that a go. Please if you
want to participate (that is talk) do have a test of the hangouts with
someone else to check your microphone and headphones are working fine. A
microphone built into a laptop isn't a great idea if you are planning to
type and talk. Headphones are a good idea to cut down feedback. I don't
know how many people will be able to join at such short notice, but if
you are able then it would be great to see you.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk