New IRC Operators

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 5 12:49:12 UTC 2012

Following on from our previous call for operators, plus all the various
applications to the channels that have been made over the past few
years, we had a large number of operator applications. Quite a few were
old applications or from people who are not currently active in the
channels they applied for so there were a lot of "not this time" emails
that got sent out. Sorry if you got one of those and really wanted to
contribute as an operator, please feel free to apply again and if you
are known as an active user and positive contributor to the channels you
applied for then no doubt you will get accepted next time.

Congratulations to:

kkathman on becoming an op in #kubuntu-offtopic

bkerensa, cprofitt and djones on becoming ops in #ubuntu

chu on becoming an op in #ubuntu-offtopic

holstein, astraljava and scottl on becoming ops in #ubuntustudio

darkwing on becoming an op in #ubuntu-devel

and to all of our new operators on joining the ops team.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk