Eir bugfest

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 3 14:15:40 UTC 2012

Hi all,

One of the issues the IRCC is looking at is the use of eir in #ubuntu. A
bug has been raised for the overall issue here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-community/+bug/892500
In advance of our first team meeting with the new council on 14th
January it would be great to break this down to a list of specific and
separately trackable issues or improvements that you would like to see.
We have a few filed already and you can see them here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-bots?field.searchtext=[eir]
They are being filed in the ubuntu-bots project so we can triage and
discuss them there, and then upstream them as appropriate to the
freenode eir bugtracker (which is running redmine and sadly not
supported as an upstream tracker to launchpad) and then contribute
patches to make eir better. Please help us out by raising more
bugs/requirements/enhancements/wishes.

Of the bugs filed already I would like to draw your attention in
particular to bug 910106
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-bots/+bug/910106
there are a number of eir configuration settings that could be easily
and quickly tweaked. I expect there will be differing opinions on what
the defaults should be, I don't expect consensus but it would be good to
get feedback here so we can make an informed decision on whether to
change things.

thanks,

Alan
(with IRCC hat on)