IRC Council Meeting

Juha Siltala topyli at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 18 22:42:13 UTC 2011

Hi Phill,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 01:17, Phill Whiteside <phillw at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi council,
>
> I'm a bit at a loss as to something that has been brought to my attention.
> There is an agenda subject:
>
>  topyli
>
> Make Lubuntu channels core after Oneiric release

> As #lubuntu is already '#' status and following on from discussions I had
> quite some time back, the flags
>
> (23:04:22) ChanServ: (notice) 4 *!*@freenode/staff/* +votriA (OP)
> [modified 50 weeks, 2 days, 00:28:58 ago]
>
> Were set, at a later date I was asked to also
>
> (23:04:22) ChanServ: (notice) 9 UbuntuIrcCouncil +votiA [modified 30
> weeks, 6 days, 07:22:17 ago]
>
> #lubuntu already has the ubottu and the ubuntu logging bot. Have I missed
> something?

The current list of core channels is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcTeam/Scope - the concept core channel is
defined there as well. Now that Lubuntu will be an official Ubuntu
derivative, the related support and offtopic channels should be added there.

As you say above, the channels have pretty much everything set already. The
biggest change that I can quickly think of is that #lubuntu operators should
join #ubuntu-ops and idle there once Lubuntu becomes official.

--
Juha Siltala
http://ubuntu.com