Motion to suspend eir

Matt Darcy ubuntu.lists at projecthugo.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 13:32:31 UTC 2011

On 24/08/2011 23:27, Melissa Draper wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Jussi Schultink <jussi01 at ubuntu.com
> <mailto:jussi01 at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>

>     I think on the whole we have seen an increase in bans being followed
>     up, comments on bans and banlist maintenance since the introduction of
>     eir, and I for one think it is a good idea to continue.
>

> You may be seeing an increase in people responding to bans, but this
> is going to change as soon as people get so annoyed at the
> implementation that they ignore eir, kick it out of the channel, or quit.
>
> The increase in response is due almost entirely to it being odious and
> stressing the ops out. This is not a sustainable "motivation".
>
> Your logic is flawed.

Has this all now been resolved ?

I've seen discussion on changes being made to eir in the last meeting
notes, but has the motion to suspend eir until more people being happy
with it actually been discussed and resolved ?

I can't see where it was (but I've been out of the loop for a few weeks
so may have missed it)

Is the majority of people happy with it in it's current state ?

Personally - I'm not and I've stated this multiple times, but I don't
know what's been discussed while I've been away.

Matt