Stepping down from #ubuntu operator status

Bilal Akhtar bilalakhtar at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 7 13:13:28 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Due to many time constraints ever since I got involved in hardcore
Ubuntu development (mainly in Unity), for the last few months I have
been unable to actively monitor #ubuntu and fulfill my duties as an
operator of the #ubuntu IRC channel. Hence I announce my stepping down
from this position.

I became an operator of the #ubuntu channel on 22nd November 2010
(announcement at [1]). I was active in my duty initially, but due to
exams in school and a contract to work for Unity afterwards, I became
largely inactive in the task. On March 16th, Jussi gave me the news that
my probationary period had been extended for another 3 months. That's
going to end soon.

Therefore I find it fit for me to step down from this position. This
will help in giving me extra time to devote to Unity development, and
other parts of the Ubuntu developer ecosystem in which I'm involved.

I request the IRC council to remove my IRC account from the #ubuntu ,
#ubuntu-ops and related channels' access lists, and to remove my
Launchpad account from Launchpad team ~irc-ubuntu-ops .

A big "thank you" to everyone who helped me take up this position back
in November, and also to everyone who helped me in this job. It was a
pleasure to work with you all.

Thanks Again,

Bilal Akhtar.

--