Long Term Problem User Process

Martin Meredith mez at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 11 16:19:39 UTC 2011

On 10/07/11 17:28, Juha Siltala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The IRC Council have now drafted an official process[1] for dealing
> with long term problem users. We hope it provides a way to deal with
> these difficult (but fortunately rare) cases, while ensuring that the
> problem really is widespread and/or long-standing. Please review at
> your convenience.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/LongTermProblemUsers

I think that this is good - though I'd like to see some provisions for
tracking this (publically).

As, for example, a new Op may come in and be targeted by a long term
user.  If there is no public record (other than in the publically logged
channel - which may or may not be easy to google for) then there is no
real trace of this.  A decision to mass/perma ban someone should be made
and publically announced, IMO, along with reasoning.

I think however, that the above can be done by s/may/will/ in the sentence

    Ubuntu IRC operators may be notified via a mail to the Ubuntu IRC
    mailing list.