Shell policy approved

Juha Siltala topyli at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 28 22:39:02 UTC 2011

Just a little reminder: it is still a wiki. When we find bugs, we will fix
them.

Cheers,
Juha
On Jan 28, 2011 11:05 PM, "John Chiazzese" <oneidle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 20:42 +0000, Chris Oattes wrote:
>> Surely the time to object is during the 2 month period when it existed as
a draft on the wiki. Ikonia has been campaigning for this for far longer,
and it has been on several IRCC agendas before it was put up for a draft.

>> Seeker
>>

> +1
> I agree with Seeker on this. Little late now to object, there was more
> then enough time to attend meetings and state your concerns.
>
> I don't see anywhere in the policy that states the ops team is going to
> be actively seeking out shell providers to be banned. IF there is a
> noticeable and constant abuse from users of the shell provider then
> measures will be taken.
>
> IdleOne

>> > Woah...
>> >
>> > I object to this policy. In it's current form, it would allow any op to
blanket ban me from Ubuntu Core channels due to the fact that I connect via
my own, personal VPS, and I do not have public contact details for that
host.

>> > In my opinion, this document needs to state that it is not ok to ban a
host purely for not meeting those requirements. It needs to state that those
requirements are needed to LIFT a ban, and lack of those requirements will
not be used as the sole basis to place a ban (and there should be a
documented history of abuse before that is placed)