Ubuntu ops Co-ordination channel

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 24 13:07:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This morning in #ubuntu-ops we had a discussion about saying things
which may be responses to baiting, or may actually bait the trolls
themselves. Given that we are seeing an increase in trolls making
complaints about operators pushing them to the limit by what has been
said in #ubuntu-ops, and trolls reading #ubuntu-ops backlog just to
see if they get a response to their trolling, I would like to again
propose a co-ordination channel for the purpose of these discussions.

This channel would be for all those who are +v'd in #ubuntu-ops, as
well as relevent others as decided by the Ubuntu IRC Council. (this
would make it possible to have ops from large loco channels and other
channels with frequent problems included).
It would need to be a CoC compliant channel (as per all Ubuntu IRC
Channels) and would be privately logged for IRCC and CC viewing, in
the case of dispute or accusation of impropriety. The channel would
make it easier for channel operators to be prepared in-case of an
attack or channel hopping troll.

I hope all of this makes sense and I would really appreciate your
thoughts on this. I am CC'ing the Community Council into this
discussion, as it may be helpful to have their input here also.

Best regards

Jussi Schultink