AI

Phill Whiteside phillw at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 18 10:19:09 UTC 2011

Hiyas Jussi,

It appears that as the team is not totally affiliated to ubuntu (ie does not
start #ubuntu....), even though they are running under the GPL v3 licence
there is little chance of my getting the ubuntu logging bot. I've been told
by the supybot team that I can perform a lobotomy on it and Alan Bell has
also added that I can set the -q flag on it just to be sure. My concern was
and is that I do not know about any log bots other than the ubuntu one,
which has always been silent. Quite simply put - it could screw up months of
work were a logbot to speak on the lab channels, even to report an error.
When I was asked by them for a logging bot, I immediately thought of the
ubuntu logging bot and as they and UAIT work closely with eachother. I
thought it worth asking. I'll go and have a 'play' with the supybot and see
how it behaves after its lobotomy (their phrase, not mine).

Regards,

Phill.

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw