Bugs enabled in ubottu in #ubuntu

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:15:29 UTC 2011

On Domingo 13 Febrero 2011 20:38:17 Brian Burger escribió:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Corey Quinn <corey at sequestered.net> wrote:
> > Where does the technical documentation on how this is used live?
>
> Not sure where it's documented, but the syntax is straightforward:
>
> !bug <bug number from Launchpad>
>
> for example, the reason I don't use Compiz would be "!bug 150443"
>
> the !bug thing doesn't seem to work in PM with the bot, which is too bad.
>
> Brian
> (Madpilot on IRC)

from the README.txt in the plugin sources [1]

"""
To request a bug report, use this syntax:
bug 123
bug #123
supybot bug 123
bug 123, 4, 5
bug 1, 3 and 89
"""

from my little try-run in -bots-devel, you don't need to prefix '!', just "bug
123123" and should work, you can also request it in a sentence like "it
doesn't work because bug #123123 wasn't fixed yet".

There's some odd behaviour and since I'm not really familiar with the plugin I
can't be completely certain, but people who aren't identified to the bot won't
get replies in a query, for those who are identified, will get a conflict with
Encyclopedia and probably get two replies (try "/query ubottu bug 1")

Also it has a repeat protection, you can't request the same bug in less than a
minute.

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-bots/ubuntu-
bots/devel/view/head:/Bugtracker/README.txt

--
~ m4v
https://launchpad.net/~symphony