Matt's appeal

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 10 08:31:05 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

I think we're at the point where we need to distinguish between a number
of different issues at hand.

Can somebody who has reviewed all the available content please help
setting up the agenda? (At the moment I don't have the time to read all
of the emails plus connected IRC logs.)

As far as I can see (please correct me), there's

 * the appeal of Matt
 * the question how private irc discussions can be shared
 * "good old boys"' language in back channels
 * etc.

The only way we can get the situation under control is by separating
this discussion into various threads and be clear in the communication
about that fact, ie: "we don't accept insults, not from 'good old boys'
and not from contributors who've been with us for a long time", "here's
how we deal with private conversations", "here's how the appeal process
works", etc.

By disentangling the arguments we should much more easily come to
decisions that everybody can at least live with somehow.

Have a great day,
 Daniel