Extension of nomination period for IRC Council positions

Juha Siltala topyli at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 19 14:22:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

Two seats are becoming available in the IRC Council, so we reached out
for nominees to serve on the Council. The nomination period has ended,
but the IRCC and the Community Council are unhappy with the low number
of nominees. We need more nominees, and are therefore now extending
the nominations period until Friday, 2010-12-03, 23:59 UTC.

If you considered nominating yourself for an IRC Council position
during the nomination period but decided against it, please
reconsider. If you did not think about nominating yourself, please do
so now. The election process is described on the wiki[2].

Here's your chance to ensure smooth IRC governance and improve it!

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-irc-members
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil