IRCC meeting May 8, 2010

Juha Siltala juha at siltala.net
Sun May 9 08:59:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

The IRCC met yesterday on #ubuntu-meeting, to find we had nothing on the
agenda. Hence, there was no formal meeting. We chatted about situations
such as this, and what to do when they come up.

It was suggested that we reduce the meetings to only one meeting per
month. The prevailing mood seems to be to uphold our two-meeting
schedule. If there are no issues to discuss, we can say 'hello' and go.
Using only one meeting would harm time-sensitive agenda items which do
emerge on IRC sometimes.

A separate issue came up of moving one of the meetings to a weekday.
Currently, one of our monthly meetings is held on a Saturday and the
other on Sunday. A weekday might improve some community members' chances
of being able to attend. However, The current weekend-centric schedule
was agreed on for the current council, since we were unable to find
other time slots that all council members can use. Council attendance is
the most important thing after all. :)

We would like to hear opinions on these two issues: are two meetings
justified even if sometimes there are no issues? If we keep the two
meeting schedule, should we work to move one of them off the weekend?

Cheers,
Juha