IRC Council meeting minutes, 13 March 2010

Juha Siltala juha at siltala.net
Sun Mar 14 09:16:27 UTC 2010

IRC Council Meeting, 13 March 2009

Present: Juha Siltala (topyli), Jussi Schultink (jussi01), Benjamin
Rubin (Pici), Nathan Handler (nhandler)

      * We don't have a definition of a 'core channel' and on what basis
        we decide whether or not to make a new channel core.

              * topyli to start discussion on the mailing list

      * We need a technical guide for operators

              * nhandler to create a wiki page for the guide

      * Connectivity of LoCo operators. A key contact should be listed
        in the wiki, and at least one operator should idle in
        #ubuntu-irc

              * jussi01 to contact LoCos and the LoCo council to remind
                about updating wiki pages and request a contact to idle
                in #ubuntu-irc

      * Policy for long term problem users

              * In very rare cases, a user keeps disrupting Ubuntu
                channels continuously. We need to be able to deal with
                them
              * According to current policy, pre-emptive or blanket bans
                are not allowed, but this is not documented. The policy
                will not change. The policy will be documented in the
                operator guidelines.
              * The IRCC reserves the right to make exceptions in
                exceptional cases. This will be documented as well.
              * Pici to lead operator guidelines update.

Next meeting: 28 March, 18:00 UTC