Perhaps it would be wise to open #Ubuntu-LTS?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 21:31:11 UTC 2010

On 8 June 2010 21:20, Jussi Kekkonen <tmt at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> One question I want to ask at this point:
> What issue does having -lts solve that improving #ubuntu wouldnt solve?
> Or, in the other words, what need this -lts tries to fulfill that
> normal support channels cannot even with improvement of some kind?

Well, if 90% of the talk in #Ubuntu is about non-lts versions, and I
don't have any experience with any of the newer versions, then I see
no reason to idle in #Ubuntu at all. It would only be a coincidence if
I could answer the questions that pop up. In a pure lts channel,
however, the messages would be answerable, so I might idle there and
answer when I could.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad