#ubuntu-ops policy discussion

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:01:03 UTC 2010

On Martes 02 Febrero 2010 10:27:42 Joseph Price escribió:
> On 1 February 2010 23:53, Lasse Havelund <lhavelund at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >> #ubuntu-irc sucks... its rubbish... it doesn't do much.
> >
> > I see #ubuntu-irc primarily as a contact point for LoCo channel
> > discussion/management. Granted, not much happens,
>
> So we agree?
No, It isn't rubbish. Is the only place I have for ask pointers about operator
stuff or directly ask for help (like when #kubuntu-es's founder went against
the channel's ops), or give a heads up about some multichannel troll.
I could probably go and do the same in -ops but I did rather not join that
channel, same reasons that Toponce listed.

> > but wouldn't that just
> > imply that the individual LoCo channels are handling their own problems?
> > I don't see exactly what you mean by "it's rubbish, it doesn't do much".
>
> No... you are assuming.
Most of the discussions about -es channels occurs in #ubuntu-es-ops, Ubuntu
México has a similar channel, and the rest of the Spanish LoCos seem to handle
everything in the channel itself.

--
~ m4v