Stepping down from the IRC team

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Fri Sep 4 14:02:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 08:38 -0500, Michael Lustfield wrote:

> I've complained about LjL

LjL is not an op anymore, and has not been for quite some time now.

Is he doing something now that we should be aware of?

> and pleia2 previously.

If I recall correctly, this was about her objection to your over-use of
certain words in #ubuntu-us, yes?

If this is correct, then I believe that channel is under the
jurisdiction of the US locoteams people, not the ops of core channels.
Even the IRCC only advises on minor issues in non-core channels.

> That seemed to fall on
> deaf ears as well as other ops ignoring the point of what I was saying.

As I understood it, you felt that you were not using certain borderline
words excessively, but she felt you were, and you felt that her
commenting on it was paramount to picking on you. I personally listened
to the situation and provided advice to both you and Lyz.

If in all that I have missed the point, then maybe you reiterating it
now may be useful.

--
Melissa Draper

w: http://meldraweb.com & http://geekosophical.net