WatchBot

John Vivirito gnomefreak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:08:32 UTC 2009

On 03/23/2009 01:31 PM, Lorenzo J. Lucchini wrote:
> On Monday 23 March 2009 17:20:10 Rich Rudnick wrote:
>> Lorenzo J. Lucchini wrote:
>>> I have introduced a new bot into the main channels (#ubuntu, #kubuntu,
>>> #ubuntu+1, #ubuntu-offtopic, as well as some in the #ubuntu-it
>>> hierarchy).
>>>
>>> The only "bad" keyphrase currently present is "sudo passwd root".
>>
>> I'd suggest adding rm -rf / and it's aliases, as well any forkbombs
>
> Are you sure that's useful? I mean, every time I've seen someone maliciously
> giving such things, they just gave them in the channel, they didn't link to
> sites *containing* them.
>
> I could do it as a "just in case" thing, but then there's the risk of false
> positives, and I'm sure we'd hate getting too many !ops false positives...
>

> by LjL
> ljl at ubuntu.com

The biggest problem i see to adding it to the bot, assuming that you
mean it removes and or bans users that talk about the "forbidden" topics
is that the damage was already done Even boot warn ban or what not by
humans poses same issue, so there is not viable solution to some things.

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III