Call for comments on IRCC nominees

Joseph Price pricechild at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:05:38 UTC 2009

Great, so as a summary of the 6 points I have raised...

From: IrcCouncilChanges: Delegation, Contact & Disputes:

1. Link to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncil/Delegation if you
expect the IRCC to be held by it.
        - No CC response.

2. A (silly) request to change the wording of best contact, to better
reflect that we are talking about IRC.
        - No CC response.

3. Questions about the intent of the line: "Ops are welcome to apply
for a role on the council and retain their Op status, but they are
also informed that in the interests of having a separation of power,
they also have the opportunity to step down as an Op temporarily."
        - No CC response.

---

>From IrcCouncilChanges: Decision making & coverage.

4. Suggestion that the previous rules on voting are broken and the
wording in the charter should be fixed.
        - pleia responded agreeing to this change.
        - No changes yet made to IrcCouncil document or feedback from CC.

5. Request for clarification on Scope of the IRC Council.
        - pleia responded, adequately displaying that she does not
understand how our group registration form with freenode works.
        - I assume no other CC members understood this either?
        - I've done my best to explain the current GRF, and ask how we
should define the scope. No response from CC since this.

---

>From this email trail.

6. Request to finish the IrcCouncil charter, before an IRCC is elected.
        - CC Response: "complete discussion on any final lingering
issues once the new IRCC is in place".

---

There's a lot up there without response. Would any of you like to have a go?

I think that point 6 is the most important. I DO NOT AGREE that these
'final lingering issues' should wait. I think that issues 1. 3. & 5.
need to be fixed as soon as possible. I believe that at least 5. needs
to be resolved before the IRCC moves forward with anything more.

Popey: Although you are 'elected', you do dictate what goes on. You
have the final say in documents such as this. Whether or not the
process in writing them is 'open', the CC still owns it and has the
final say.

Would I be ok to go ahead with changing the wording with respect to
point 4. above?