Call for comments on IRCC nominees

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 16 06:26:38 UTC 2009

HELLO ALL!

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Melissa Draper (elky) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MelissaDraper
> Marek Spruell (nalioth) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarekSpruell
> Steve Stalcup (vorian) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StephenStalcup
> Kurt von Fink (mneptok) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KurtvonFinck
> Juha Siltala (topyli) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JuhaSiltala
> Michael Lustfield (MTecknology) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MTecknology
> Nicolas Valcarcel (Nxvl) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nxvl
> Nathan Handler (nhandler) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/nhandler
> Terence Simpson (tsimpson) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TerenceSimpson and
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TerenceSimpson/IRC

I am withdrawing my name from consideration.  The interweb is a great and
spacious building.  I like to use a lot of applications on the internet,
Facebook being one.  It seems some of my ridiculous comments are spreading a
wild fire of hatred towards me, and understandably so.  At times, I can be
extraordinarily exaggerative on certain social networking sites.  When it
comes to the many inflammatory statements I make on facebook, I usually make
such posts to goad people, which is quite evil.

To set the record straight, I value human life - from conception as a zygote
all the way up to our seasoned and wisest elders.  I do not believe in
euthanasia in any form or shape.

Most of all, I think it's important for me to say that Canada is my _second_
favorite country, and that's a close second to the Netherlands, where I
spent two of the best years of my life.

I know there are some really great people who are on the list to fill a few
spots, these folks are energetic and full of great ideas.  I wish the best
of them will be chosen to really make positive changes in the Ubuntu IRC
world.

Thanks to all those who wrote such wonderful things about me on the wiki
page, it's greatly appreciated.

*It would seem that this is the worst week I have ever had online.  *

freenode is a great place, please read up on all the documentation on
http://freenode.net so you can get a better understanding of how things
really work on freenode as you begin the difficult task of re-drafting a
charter.

I truely love this project, and have grown to love and respect almost
everyone on the list of nominees, and the CC.  You all are fantastic!

Thanks so much for the consideration.
Steve