Operator guide document?

Lorenzo J. Lucchini ljlbox at tiscali.it
Fri Dec 4 18:05:34 UTC 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 16:44:23 Lasse Havelund wrote:
> Dear all
>
> [snip]
>
> Pardon my ignorance around these matters, but as a new operator, a lot of
> new things and workflows have to be incorporated into your head, and
> I feel that if a proper document was readily-available to outline what the
> individuals channels, modes, bots, etc. are there for, I think it would
> be much easier to dive into, without expecting new operators to be crippled
> for long periods after their selection.

I've had in mind for a while to hold a session in #ubuntu-classroom about the
technical aspects of being an op; for a reason or another, I never actually
did, but I'd still be interested in doing it, and I suppose that questions
asked during such a session could be used to contribute a FAQ to any future
documentation.

If the idea sounds alright, we can check with the Classroom team to arrange a
date and time.

by LjL
ljl at ubuntu.com