Renewed call for nominees - IRC Council

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 1 15:04:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I dropped the news list as I don't think they need this discussion.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Joseph Price <pricechild at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any chance of an explanation for this? It seems a little odd.
>
> I saw several more than capable applicants send in their nominations
> before my term ended, enough to fill the open seats. (Not taking into
> account the pressure for a CC member to also take a seat of course.)
>
> My understanding of why this is happening is because the Community council
decided to make some changes to the IRCC charter and requirements, as you
can see at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrcCouncilChanges

 Therefore, as I understand it, the coummunity council is asking for
nominees once again, so the original nominees have a chance to not nominate
if they do not feel they can go with the new requirements, (but are free to
renominate if they desire) and for others to nominate if they feel that they
can fulfill the new requirements.

I don't think its anything crazy, just a way of acknowledging the changes
that have happened and allowing people to act on those changes.

Perhaps someone from the CC would also like to clarify if I have it wrong.

Hope this helps

Jussi Schultink
(jussi01)