Standing Outside the Moat, Examining Drawbridge

James R. Liebert jimlbrt at neo.rr.com
Fri May 2 06:57:37 UTC 2008

Can I access Ubuntu IRC help from within Windows, for example, using
AIM?  A complete novice at Linux, I need help with proper formatting of
NTFS partitions as preparatory stage of installing Ubuntu 8.04 as
dual-boot with Win 2K Pro.

Have read discussion of Dual Booting Windows and Ubuntu at
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/switching/installing-partitioning.html, but
am unclear as to impact on Windows partitions of resizing and creating
swap, root and separate home partitions upon Ubuntu installation.
Clarifying details to follow when I've found correct doorbell to ring.

I apologize in advance if I have trespassed against a specialized
communications channel.

James Liebert
Akron, Ohio