Emergency contact

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Mon Jun 16 21:13:07 UTC 2008

John Vivirito wrote:
> Martin Meredith wrote:
>>
>> But please, don't rely on IRC pinglogs for something that might be
>> important. IRC is not the best medium for getting something across.
>>
> I am unable to say exactly why they used m e z but most of time alot of
> people including myself to avoid pinging someone that is busy so they
> are not taken away from what they are doing. This is just a general way
> to explain that part i use _ or * instead of spaces.

using m e z or om^paul or Nal - -  ioth or something like that is to
stop the client from highlighting after the person has been mentioned at
least once in a channel
it means you don't scroll back to a "rubbish" highlight where people are
talking about talk (or that is the hope) of course others might just use
your nick and then you get think you have it covered and you don't

ohh well
:-)

If you are away for a good while and then you come back this can but
help better than 10k scrollback

grep ompaul .xchat/xchatlogs/whatever server and #channel.log

Cheers
Paul