Bantracker redesign

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 8 05:58:46 UTC 2008

On ma, 2008-04-07 at 16:44 -0500, Tony Yarusso wrote:

> I don't really care _who_ removed a ban, but I do think it's important
> that it track whether it was removed, and be able to search by
> current, removed, or all - could you clarify that point a little?

The point is that currently it only registers an unban if it sees it.
Which it doesn't if offline

> The other main thing I'd like to see is some sort of periodic sync
> with actual status.

That could be done, that would just keep an is_active flag on a ban.

>  correct it.  My proposal would for this to take place once every six
> months, at approximately the same date as the release of the first
> _Beta_ for the current development version of Ubuntu (thus giving us
> the cleanest environment around release day).

Neh, daily or weekly might be better. Isn't too intensive.

It'll be (well, it is -- http://ubot.seveas.net is the prototype) MySQL
--
Dennis K.

The universe tends towards maximum irony. Don't push it.