OP ABUSE!

Peter Garrett peter-garrett at ubuntu.com
Wed May 31 13:41:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:28:54 +1000
Hobbsee <hobbsee at gmail.com> wrote:

> /me makes noises about people disagreeing with the ops....
>
> /me contemplates a suitable punishment for such a thing....
>
> Besides, as ops, the most common thing we seem to do is to tell others
> to send their offtopic conversations to $distro-offtopic - so this would
> be entirely normal for such a list.

<humorous pedantic>

This discussion belongs on Sounder. There has already been too much of
this, and people's inboxes are now brimming with irrelevant posts!

The IRC ops list is for *serious discussion* of important issues, like the
alliterative naming of upcoming releases, and whether a drake is a duck or
a dragon !

Please take your idle chatter to an appropriate list ;-)

</humorous pedantic>

Peter