Policy for tor/silenceisdefeat.org

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Thu Jul 27 09:42:19 UTC 2006

On do, 2006-07-27 at 00:28 +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> Currently *!*@tor/session/* and *!*@silenceisdefeat.org are banned.
> However (and this holds more for the latter than the former), those
> services do have good users too. Good tor users can still join if they
> have a project cloak -- silenceisdefeat.org users not. Do we want to use
> an exception policy here, eg +e indent at silenceisdefeat.org? Note that
> ident can be faked and this could allow abusers to get back.
>
> For silenceisdefeat.org, cloaks are NOT a solution since they are still
> banned on hostname, unlike tor users.
>
> Opinions welcome!

Taking into account that

* Nobody likes the losers who abuse these services
* Some people who use it are legit

the following arrangement is now in effect:

tor/session/* and the silenceisdefeat netblock now forward to
#ubuntu-ops where we can treat them on a case-by-case basis. They can
get an exception if and only if they have a cloak. They lose the
exception after the first offense.

--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.