Tor continued

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Tue Aug 8 20:07:28 UTC 2006

Just had this short conversation with lilo:

<lilo> we're eliminating access via exit nodes, and are providing access
only through a Tor hidden service
<Seveas> we know
<lilo> I believe the effect is going to be to reduce abuse considerably,
though obviously it won't eliminate it
<lilo> I've noticed, though, that so far, the people who continue to
abuse Tor are, well, not the brightest candles in the cake
<Seveas> I don't see how it could have effect, but I'm horribly n00b
when it omes to tor
<lilo> in order to use a hidden service, you have to do some special
setup
<lilo> and the lag is worse than exit node access
<Seveas> ah
<lilo> it's not predictable whether it will be good enough to launch
some sort of attack
<lilo> from day to day it can vary considerably

What do you think, can tor go on probation for a while?
--
Dennis K.

Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.